- 2 medium onions (kanda),
- sliced ¼ cup garlic cloves (lasoon)
- 750 grams chicken,
- cut into 2 inch pieces on the bone
- 3 tbsps oil Salt to taste
- ½ cup grated dried coconut
- 2-3 green chillies,
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsps red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsps kanda lasoon masala
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnish Rice bhakris to serve Onion wedges to serve Roasted green chillies to serve.
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic cloves, onions and salt and sauté till golden brown.
2. Add dried coconut and mix well. Cook till it turns golden. Transfer this mixture on a plate and allow to cool slightly.
3. Put the mixture into a mixer jar, add ½ cup water and grind to a fine paste.
4. To make the gravy, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till it turns translucent. Add salt and mix well.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste, mix and cook till the mixture turns golden brown.
6. Add green chillies and sauté for a minute. Add chicken and sauté on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
8. Reduce the heat to medium, add 1 cup water and mix well. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes.
9. Add the ground paste, mix and cook from 2-3 minutes. Add kanda lasoon masala, squeeze the juice of lemon and add coriander leaves and mix well.
10. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice bhakris, onion wedges, and roasted green chillies
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.